CRITERION™ EXTRACT BROTH
|Cat. no. C5730||CRITERION™ Extract Broth||36gm|
|Cat. no. C5731||CRITERION™ Extract Broth||500gm|
|Cat. no. C5732||CRITERION™ Extract Broth||2kg|
|Cat. no. C5733||CRITERION™ Extract Broth||10kg|
|Cat. no. C5734||CRITERION™ Extract Broth||50kg|
Hardy Diagnostics CRITERION™ Extract Broth is recommended for the cultivation of microorganisms.
This dehydrated culture medium is a raw material intended to be used in the making of prepared media products, which will require further processing, additional ingredients, or supplements.
CRITERION™ Extract Broth is a generally nutritious culture medium. This broth can be used to grow routinely isolated bacteria. This formula includes peptones and beef extract as sources of carbohydrates, amino acids, vitamins and salts. Sodium chloride is used to maintain the appropriate osmotic balance.
|Gram weight per liter:||18.0gm/L|
Final pH 7.4 +/- 0.2 at 25ºC.
* Adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance criteria.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store the sealed bottle(s) containing dehydrated culture medium at 2-30ºC. Dehydrated culture medium is very hygroscopic. Keep lid tightly sealed. Protect dehydrated culture media from moisture and light. The dehydrated culture media should be discarded if it is not free-flowing or if the color has changed from its original beige.
Store the prepared culture media at 2-8ºC.
METHOD OF PREPARATION FOR DEHYDRATED CULTURE MEDIA
1. Suspend 18.0gm of the dehydrated culture media in 1 liter of distilled or deionized water. Stir to mix thoroughly.
2. Heat as necessary to dissolve completely.
3. Sterilize in the autoclave at 121ºC. for 15 minutes.
4. Cool and dispense aseptically into tubes.
PROCEDURE AND INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
For information on procedures and interpretation of results, consult listed references.
MATERIALS REQUIRED BUT NOT PROVIDED
Standard microbiological supplies and equipment such as tubes, flasks, loops, autoclaves, incinerators, and incubators, etc., are not provided.
|Test Organisms||Inoculation Method*||Incubation||Results|
ATCC ® 25922
ATCC ® 25923
ATCC ® 19615
ATCC ® 13090
User Quality Control
CRITERION™ Extract Broth powder should appear homogeneous, free-flowing, and beige in color. The prepared media should appear clear, and light amber in color.
1. Anderson, N.L., et al. Cumitech 3B; Quality Systems in the Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, Coordinating ed., A.S. Weissfeld. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, D.C.
2. Jorgensen., et al. Manual of Clinical Microbiology, American Society for Microbiology, Washington, D.C.
3. Tille, P., et al. Bailey and Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology, C.V. Mosby Company, St. Louis, MO.
4. Isenberg, H.D. Clinical Microbiology Procedures Handbook, Vol. I, II & III. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, D.C.
ATCC is a registered trademark of the American Type Culture Collection.