CRITERION™ Lactose (Milk Sugar)
|Cat. no. C5950||CRITERION™ Lactose (Milk Sugar)||100gm|
|Cat. no. C5951||CRITERION™ Lactose (Milk Sugar)||500gm|
|Cat. no. C5952||CRITERION™ Lactose (Milk Sugar)||2kg|
|Cat. no. C5953||CRITERION™ Lactose (Milk Sugar)||10kg|
|Cat. no. C5954||CRITERION™ Lactose (Milk Sugar)||50kg|
Hardy Diagnostics CRITERION™ Lactose (Milk Sugar) is chemically pure D-lactose monohydrate. It is added to culture media as a source of energy for bacteria and for the determination of fermentation reactions.
This is a raw material intended to be used in the making of prepared media products, which will require further processing, additional ingredients, or supplements.
For fermentation tests it is usually added at a concentration of 0.5 to 1.0%.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store the sealed bottle(s) containing dehydrated culture medium at 2-30ºC. Dehydrated culture medium is very hygroscopic. Keep lid tightly sealed. Protect dehydrated culture media from moisture and light. The dehydrated culture media should be discarded if it is not free-flowing or if the color has changed from its original white.
MATERIALS REQUIRED BUT NOT PROVIDED
Standard microbiological supplies and equipment such as autoclaves, incinerators, and incubators, etc., are not provided.
CRITERION™ Lactose (Milk Sugar) powder should appear homogeneous, free-flowing, and white in color.
1. American Public Health Association. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, APHA, Washington, D.C.
2. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Official Methods of Analysissm, AOAC, Washington, D.C.
3. The Official Compendia of Standards. 2008. USP27-NF22. United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Rockville, MD.
4. American Public Health Association. Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, APHA, Washington, D.C.
5. APHA Technical Committee on Microbiological Methods for Foods. Compendium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods, APHA, Washington, D.C.
6. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Bacteriological Analytical Manual. AOAC, Arlington, VA.