CRITERION™ PEPTIC DIGEST OF ANIMAL TISSUE (PEPTONE A)
|Cat. no. C7480||CRITERION™ Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue||100gm|
|Cat. no. C7481||CRITERION™ Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue||500gm|
|Cat. no. C7482||CRITERION™ Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue||2kg|
|Cat. no. C7483||CRITERION™ Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue||10kg|
|Cat. no. C7484||CRITERION™ Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue||50kg|
Hardy Diagnostics CRITERION™ Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue is a source of nutritious peptones and is capable of supporting the growth of a variety of microorganisms.
This is a raw material intended to be used in the making of prepared media products, which will require further processing, additional ingredients, or supplements.
Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue is an enzymatic digest of meat tissue. It is used as an ingredient in a variety of microbiological culture media formulas.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store the sealed bottle(s) containing culture medium at 2-30ºC. Dehydrated culture medium is very hygroscopic. Keep lid tightly sealed. Protect dehydrated culture media from moisture and light. The dehydrated culture media should be discarded if it is not free-flowing or if the color has changed from its original yellowish-brown.
MATERIALS REQUIRED BUT NOT PROVIDED
Standard microbiological supplies and equipment such as autoclaves, incinerators, and incubators, etc., are not provided.
CRITERION™ Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue powder should appear homogeneous, free-flowing, and yellowish-brown in color.
The pH of a 2% solution of CRITERION™ Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue is approximately 7.0.
1. Isenberg, H.D. Clinical Microbiology Procedures Handbook, Vol. I, II & III. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, D.C.
2. MacFaddin, J.F. 1985. Media for Isolation, Cultivation, Identification, Maintenance of Bacteria, Vol. I. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, MD.
3. Marshall, R.T., ed. 1992. Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, 16th ed. APHA, Washington, D.C.
4. Greenberg, A.E., et al. (ed.). 1992. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th ed. APHA, Washington, D.C.
5. The United States Pharmacopeia, 23rd Rev. 1995. United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Rockville, MD.
6. Atlas, R.M. 1997. Handbook of Microbiological Media, 2nd ed. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.