PlasmidGRO™ BROTH POWDER
|Cat. no. C1509||CulGenex™ PlasmidGRO™ Broth Powder, 0.5L||6 pouches/pack|
Hardy Diagnostics CulGenex™ PlasmidGRO™ Broth Powder contains a proprietary combination of protein, carbon, salt, and minerals, optimized for automated colony picking and other high throughput applications.
This dehydrated culture medium is a raw material intended to be used in the making of prepared media products, which will require further processing, additional ingredients, or supplements.
Conventional culture media can reach a stage where exhaustion of metabolites and nutrients occurs. When this event takes place, cell replication ceases resulting in cell death and plasmid loss. PlasmidGRO™ is a combination of metabolites and media components that allow for sustained and uninterrupted growth by providing a secondary carbon source released as a by-product of the primary carbon source; resulting in greater plasmid density.
Contains a proprietary combination of proteins, carbon, salt, and minerals.
Final pH 7.3 +/- 0.2 at 25ºC.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store the sealed container(s) containing dehydrated culture media at 2-30ºC. Dehydrated powder formulations are very hygroscopic. Keep container tightly sealed. Protect dehydrated media from moisture and light. The dehydrated media should be discarded if it is not free-flowing or if the color has changed from its original white.
METHOD OF PREPARATION FOR DEHYDRATED PRODUCT(S)
1. Suspend one pouch (0.5L) of the dehydrated culture medium in 500ml of distilled or deionized water. Stir to mix thoroughly.
2. Heat as necessary to dissolve completely.
3. Dispense into appropriate autoclavable containers.
4. Sterilize in the autoclave at 121ºC. for 15 minutes.
5. Cool to 45-50ºC.
MATERIALS REQUIRED BUT NOT PROVIDED
Standard microbiological supplies and equipment such as flasks, autoclaves, incinerators, and incubators, etc., are not provided.
Hardy Diagnostics tests each lot of commercially manufactured media using appropriate quality control microorganisms and quality specifications as outlined on the Certificates of Analysis (CofA).
|Test Organisms||Inoculation Method*||Incubation||Results|
ATCC ® 25922
User Quality Control
CulGenex™ PlasmidGRO™ Broth Powder should appear homogeneous, free-flowing, and very light to light tan in color. The prepared media should appear clear, and light to medium amber in color.
1. Ausubel, F.M., R. Brent, R.E. Kingston, D.D. Moore, J.G. Seidman, J.A. Smith, K. Struhl, Editors. 2010. Current Protocols in Molecular Biology . John Wiley and Sons, Inc. Malden, MA.
2. Bullock, G.R. and Petrusz, P. 1989. Techniques in Immunocytochemistry, Volumes 1, 2, 3 and 4, Academic Press, London.
3. Cseke, L.J., P.B. Kaufman, G.K. Podila, and C.J. Tsai. 2004. Handbook of Molecular and Cellular Methods in Biology and Medicine . CRC Press. Taylor & Francis LLC. Boca Raton, FL.
4.Sambrook and Russell. 2001. Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, 3rd ed. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. Woodbury, New York.
5. Walker, J.M. 1984. Methods in Molecular Biology . The Humana Press Inc. Clifton, NJ.
ATCC is a registered trademark of the American Type Culture Collection.