|Cat. no. Z69||Mayer's Albumin||15ml|
Hardy Diagnostics Mayer's Albumin is used to adhere fecal specimens to glass slides in the Modified Iron Hematoxylin/Kinyoun or Trichrome staining process.
Mayer's Albumin assists in affixing a fecal specimen to a glass microscope slide before it is processed for staining. This keeps specimens from being rinsed off during the staining procedure.
|Egg whites (albumin)||500.0ml|
* Adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance criteria. Also includes a preservative.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Storage: Upon receipt store at 2-8ºC. away from direct light. The reagent should not be used if there are any signs of deterioration (discoloration), contamination, or if the expiration date has passed.
1. Place 1 drop of Mayer's Albumin on a labeled slide.
2. Mix the sediment from the sodium acetate-acetic acid-formalin (SAF) concentration (or other stool preservative) well with an applicator stick.
3. Add approximately 1 drop of the fecal concentrate to the albumin and spread the mixture over the slide.
4. Proceed with the staining procedure. Consult appropriate references.(1)
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Consult appropriate references.(1)
MATERIALS REQUIRED BUT NOT PROVIDED
Standard microbiological supplies and equipment such as loops, stains, swabs, applicator sticks, microscopes, etc., are not provided.
User Quality Control
Mayer's Albumin should appear slightly hazy, and light amber in color.
Mayer's Albumin (Cat. no. Z69).
1. Isenberg, H.D. Clinical Microbiology Procedures Handbook, Vol. I, II & III. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, D.C.