Peptone Water, 0.1%
|Cat. no. D290||Peptone Water, 0.1%, Dilu-Lok II™ Vial, 90ml||50 vials/case|
|Cat. no. D299||Peptone Water, 0.1%, Dilu-Lok II™ Vial, 99ml||50 vials/case|
Hardy Diagnostics Peptone Water, 0.1% is recommended as a diluent for microbial enumeration purposes as described by the Food and Drug Administration and The U.S. Pharmacopeia National Formulary (USP-NF) for use in pharmaceutical and cosmetic testing and by the American Public Health Association and Environmental Protection Agency for food, dairy and water industries.
This product is not intended to be used for the diagnosis of human disease.
Peptone Water, 0.1% is a minimal nutrient media designed to reduce multiplication of microorganisms; it is useful as diluent or for making suspensions of non-fastidious microorganisms for microbial enumeration procedures. (1-6) The medium is not well suited for the growth or maintenance of fastidious microorganisms due to its low nutrient content.
Peptone Water, 0.1% meets or exceeds the requirements set for by the Food and Drug Administration-Bacteriological Analytical Manual (FDA-BAM), the United States Pharmacopeia (USP), the Personal Care Products Council (formerly CTFA), the American Public Health Association (APHA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use in pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and water industries. (1-6)
Ingredients per liter of deionized water:*
Final pH 7.2 +/- 0.2 at 25ºC.
* Adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance criteria.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Storage: Upon receipt store at 2-30ºC. away from direct light. Media should not be used if there are any signs of deterioration, discoloration, contamination, or if the expiration date has passed. Product is light and temperature sensitive; protect from light, excessive heat, moisture, and freezing.
For use as a diluting or rinsing fluid or in the preparation of suspensions for enumeration procedures, see appropriate references or regulatory guidelines for best practices. (1-6)
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Consult listed references for interpretation criteria and for further testing. (1-6)
MATERIALS REQUIRED BUT NOT PROVIDED
Standard microbiological supplies and equipment such as loops, swabs, applicator sticks, other culture media, incinerators, and incubators, etc., as well as serological and biochemical reagents, are not provided.
|Test Organisms**||Inoculation Method*||Incubation||Results|
ATCC ® 10231
ATCC ® 6633
ATCC ® 25923
ATCC ® 25922
USER QUALITY CONTROL
1. American Public Health Association. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, APHA, Washington, D.C.
2. American Public Health Association. Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, APHA, Washington, D.C.
3. APHA Technical Committee on Microbiological Methods for Foods. 2001. Compendium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods, 4th ed. APHA, Washington, D.C.
4. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Bacteriological Analytical Manual. Silver Springs, MD. www.fda.gov/Food/FoodScienceResearch/LaboratoryMethods/ucm2006949.htm