Tritrichomonas foetus in felines is a protozoan infection of the large intestine which can
lead to prolonged and intractable diarrhea. Recent studies have shown that T. foetus infects approximately 31% of cats.
Frequently cats are co-infected with Giardia or, because T. foetus and Giardia look
similar, they are misdiagnosed with Giardia. When a cat that has been diagnosed with Giardia fails to respond to treatment, it is recommended that the cat be tested for T. foetus.
InPouch™ TF-Feline can detect a single trichomonad. Wet-mount procedure is a 50-50 proposition. Specialized formula of media allows for maximum growth of trichomonads while inhibiting growth of bacteria and Giardia.
- Suitable for in-the-field testing
- No slide preparation
- Store reagents at room temperature
- Innovative Packaging
- Unique transport and test system
- Wet-mount and culture in one system
- Two procedures are combined into one test (culture and identification)